Neck pain, a joint pain that every people are suffering. You will not believe how many people are suffering from this pain. This pain is a mystery, and there are hundreds of because that is responsible for the neck pain. Maximum pain comes from an injury, accidents, sleeping, and sitting posture.
Neck pain interrupts your daily activities and doesn’t let you focus. To avoid these discomforts, people are taking neck massage as pain healer. The neck massage focuses on the muscles of the neck and shoulder area. There are lots of benefits of neck massage, like reducing headaches, increases relaxation, and relieving tension. Let’s talk more about the neck massage and the benefits.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Before going to the causes, let’s look at the structure of the neck. The neck spine has seven vertebrae that stay around the canal and spinal cord. You will find discs between the vertebrae and near the vertebrae is the nerves passes by. In the neck structure, you will see the tissues of the skin, arteries, neck muscles, veins, thyroid gland, esophagus, trachea. If any of these tissues get affected by any diseases, it will cause neck pain.
Many reasons can cause neck pain. The most common ones are:
Actions that cause neck pain:
Some of our actions cause neck pain as we tend to do the action repeatedly and for a long time. For this, we get an overstretched muscle, injury, or spasm in the neck muscles. What are the actions? Let me explain:
- While working, watching TV, reading, or talking- we hold our head in an odd position for a long time.
- Keeping the pillow too up or flat while sleeping, and laying on the stomach by keeping your neck bent or twisted.
- Excess exercise and the works that you have to use the upper part most create neck and shoulder pain.
- Stress for work
Injuries that gives neck pain:
You will get neck injuries from:
- Falling or tripping from a distance
- Get hit in an accident
- Blows in head or back or to the face
- Accidents in the sports
Medical conditions that are responsible for neck pain:
Some medical conditions cause neck pain:
- Thinning of the spinal canal
- Neck arthritis
- Meningitis that creates inflammation in the brain and spinal cord tissue.
- Flu which is responsible for creating pain in the whole body
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Torticollis torticollis
- Any kind of infection in the neck area.
Can Massages Help Neck Pain?
Massage is really worth it even it is costly. For the massage, neck pain can be easily managed, and the muscle gets relief to avoid any future injury. Day by day, the need for massage is growing rapidly as maximum people are suffering from this terrible neck pain. How the massage helps neck pain? Find out below:
- After having a massage for some days, you will feel soreness in your neck. Don’t panic as it is a good signal as the muscle is getting healthy and healing. The soreness happens in the first workout or the first massage, then it gets normal. For the massage, the endorphins get released, and you will feel better as neck pain gets relief.
- All massage therapists are trained to treat all kinds of muscle pain and injuries. For the massage techniques, the muscle gets strong, heals fast, and raises the muscle tone to avoid future pain. Try a deep tissue massage for better results.
- Stress is now getting fatal day by day, as we all are leading a busy life. This stress increases neck pain a lot. By getting a massage, you will feel better physically and mentally relaxed. For the massage, the stress level gets reduced, and you will feel energetic to deal with the long tiring day.
- As we grow old, the flexibility of the muscle and joints get stiff. The massage helps to make the muscle flexible, especially the neck muscle. This flexibility helps to improve posture.
- A regular massage improves blood circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system that leads to having a good and healthy lifestyle.
What Are The Benefits Of Neck Massage?
Don’t feel low when you are thinking of getting a neck massage. You will not believe how this massage will help you to improve your daily lifestyle as it doesn’t work only with your neck pain but also with your body and soul. The research says the importance of neck massage brings a great benefit to our physical and mental conditions.
The key benefits of neck massage are:
Recovers muscle tenderness
When you get a massage on your sore areas, it will help to increase the blood flow and oxygen supply that are responsible for pain soothe and lessens inflammation. The buildup lactic acid in the body will eliminate, and your muscles will get loose.
Without any side effects, the neck massage will help to reduce the migraine. For the massage, the muscle spasms get relieved, and the blood circulation gets better, these reduce the pressure from the head.
Cuts anxiety and stress
For the massage, the physical and mental health gets a significant relief from any kind of stress and anxiety. The stress symptoms stay in the neck, shoulder, and back. By taking the massage, the hormones dopamine and serotonin gets released, and they eliminate the stress from you. Your body and nerve system will get relaxed.
The immune system gets strong
To stay strong and healthy, a strong immune system is important. You can’t live your life if you get sick frequently. To make the immune system healthy, you have to go for the massage as it helps to increase the lymphocytes and white blood cells, which fights with infections and illness constantly.
Improves the sensation
Sometimes you may feel numbness, pain- it is for the poor sensation. You can improve this sensation by taking a neck massage.
Notes: these are the benefits of the neck massage above. If you don’t have time to take a massage from a therapist, then you can go for the best neck massager with heat. If you want a good review of the massage heater, then we have a review article that will help you to select the one you will need for your neck pain.
Frequently Asked Question
Is neck massage dangerous?
No, but forceful neck movement can injure the blood vessels. So be careful with the movement while having a massage.
Can neck massage help migraine?
Yes, this massage plays an important role in reducing chronic and tension migraines.
How often massage neck pain?
Getting a 60-minute neck massage for two-three times a week, let you enjoy the most benefits.
Is neck massage safe during pregnancy?
Yes, of course. Because the massage helps to release all the tension and pain that a woman experience in the pregnancy period.
A neck massage works on the scalene, sternocleidomastoid, and upper trapezius muscles of the neck and shoulder area. So, you can guess how much benefits of neck massage you will get. Different massage techniques will help to reduce all types of pain, loosens the tight muscle, and increase relaxation.
The benefits list from a neck massage will go on if you want to write it down. So, to stay relaxed, energetic to fight with a stressful day, go for a neck massage two-three times a week. It is really worth it.