For massage therapists, buying a massage chair is a must as this profession requires it. Here, we have reviewed the best chairs for therapists that will ensure maximum customer satisfaction. With the help of your skillful hands and comfort of these chairs, your clients will come back to have more sessions.
That is how your reputation will increase day by day, and you won’t have to pay a penny for marketing. If any element is missing in this combination, you will lose your customers, and no one wants it. So, read this article till the end and know about how we researched. Also, know about how we got our hands on such amazing chairs.
Table Of Content:
- Top 5 Best Chairs For Therapists In 2020
- Master Massage Professional Portable Massage Chair
- Master Massage Apollo Portable Massage Chair
- Earthlite Portable Massage Chair Package Vortex
- Earthlite Massage Kit Travelmate
- Flex HQ Portable Therapy Massage Chair
- Portable Lightweight Massage Chair
- Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Massage Chair For Therapists
Top 5 Best Chairs For Therapists In 2020
Master Massage Professional Portable Massage Chair
Are you looking for the best ergonomic chair for therapists for some time now? Look no more and order this model that is not only ergonomic but also comfortable and durable. Soft padded cushions and aluminum frames are responsible for the chair’s comfort and longevity.
Adjusting its several parts, you can relax while having a massage from a professional. The seat cushions come with extra dimensions so that you don’t get irritated by frame edges or any hard surface.
This is convenient for both the therapist and the client because of its accessories. The pouch stores the client’s items, and the carrying bag carries the whole chair. Because of the aluminum frame, it costs a bit more, but it’s worth your investment.
Main Key Features:
- It comes with 2-inch thick cushions with multi-layer tiny cell foam for maximum comfort.
- Its upholstery material is PU leather which is CFC-free, oil and water-resistant with reinforced backing for more durability.
- That frame is made from an aircraft-grade aluminum frame, which is durable and can take loads up to 650 pounds.
- The face cradle is adjustable in six ways and has a memory foam layered pillow for more comfort.
- It has a session pouch where you can keep glasses, jewelry, or other items during a massage session.
Master Massage Apollo Portable Massage Chair
This is another massage chair for therapists from Master Massage and costs a little bit more than the previous one. That is because it has more weight taking capability and is built with sturdy materials.
The aluminum frame is stronger and more durable than other metals, yet it doesn’t weigh as much as others. As a result, you can rely on this chair for years of rough usage and support any customer anywhere.
Anywhere because it comes with a luggage-style carrying case, you can fold the chair entirely and carry it around conveniently. For comfort, it comes with small cell foam, larger cushions, and a higher density. If you are a busy therapist who needs to support several clients every day, this is the chair to go for.
Main Key Features
- This chair weighs only 18 pounds and has a luggage-style wheeled carrying case making it easily portable.
- Its 2-inch thick cushions can ensure maximum comfort as it also has multi-layered tiny cell foam.
- The upholstery material is PU leather, which has CFC-free, oil, and water-resistance features with reinforced backing for more durability.
- For more durability and the capability of taking up to 650 pounds of load, it has a frame made from aircraft-grade aluminum.
- You can adjust the face cradle in six ways, and it has a memory foam layered pillow for more comfort.
Earthlite Portable Massage Chair Package Vortex
Having the highest-quality frame and cushions, you can consider this as the best chair for therapists. Moreover, it has other features like adjustability, portability, and easy cleaning. You can fold this lightweight chair to make a compact size and carry it anywhere.
Besides, different parts of the chair can be adjusted to maintain the best posture according to your body size. It will also help with different massage therapies. Furthermore, anyone can sit on this chair as it can take a load of up to 300 pounds.
If you think that is not enough, you can check our previous two models, which can take up to 650 pounds. However, EARTHLITE Portable Massage Chair is the most lightweight full-sized portable massage chair on the list, and you can rely on it.
Main Key Features
- This lightweight chair comes with a nylon carrying case and padded shoulder strap so that you can easily carry it around.
- The aluminum frame makes it more durable and keeps it lightweight, weighing only 15 pounds.
- Its upholstery is made using 100% PU leather, which is oil-resistant and water-resistant.
- You can adjust the seat, chest, arm, and head parts so that you can give several massage therapies.
- For maximum comfort, it comes with high quality and dual-density Pro-Lite cushion.
Earthlite Massage Kit Travelmate
If you are looking for something simpler and more portable, this is the best massage chair for a massage therapist. Moreover, you can consider this as the most affordable one that doesn’t have cheap materials.
The design and functions make this tool perfect for Vitrectomy patients or those who are recovering from eye surgery. You can adjust the height, headrest angle, or depth very easily because of their patented platform with a face pillow. Those soft pillows and cushions make sure that the clients have a relaxed time while getting the massage.
It is designed in a way that you can set it on any table and give the person relaxing massage therapy. No other massage chair on this list is as portable as this one. The package comes with a carrying bag that is not so big, making it convenient and easy to carry around.
Main Key Features
- It only has a face rest and chest support making it a lightweight and highly portable on-the-go massage chair.
- With several adjustable parts, you can adjust the height, angle, and depth, making it perfect to use anywhere.
- The upholstery is soft, and it has comfortable foam inside to ensure maximum support.
- Its steel frame makes it durable and stable with the capability of taking up to 15 pounds of load.
- You can easily fold it and put it in a handy nylon carrying case to carry it around wherever you go.
Flex HQ Portable Therapy Massage Chair
Flex HQ Portable Massage Chair is the only one on the list that has full features like other models yet costs way less than a hundred bucks. Because of its design and portability, you can use it even in your spa center or tattoo parlor.
This can meet several purposes as you can adjust its height as well as some other parts. For example, you can set the angle of the headrest, armrest, and sitting posture. With overall features, your client can stay on it relaxed for hours.
PVC leather is used to make the upholstery of the chair easy to clean. For different use cases, there can be oil or water spills. You won’t have to worry about anything as the material is oil and water-resistant. Get this chair if you have a low budget and want something that is durable with full features of a portable massage chair.
Main Key Features
- The upholstery is made from black PVC leather with dense and premium foam material inside to ensure maximum comfort.
- Its compact size fits tight spaces for storing, and you can carry it around folding and putting it into a carrying bag.
- You can adjust the chair seat and armrest with preferable heights so that your clients can sit comfortably.
- Assembling the chair is very easy and requires no tool, which is convenient for anyone to use it anytime.
- The steel frame gives it the necessary support and strength, making it capable of taking weight up to 220 pounds.
Portable Lightweight Massage Chair
The last massage chair on our list is from Nova Microdermabrasion, which is known for making affordable massage tools. To keep it affordable, they use a steel frame to make this chair.
This is not a bad thing because steel is also a strong and durable material that can hold up to 660 pounds. Moreover, the powder-coated finish will make sure that it doesn’t rust. As a result, you will be able to use it for many more years to come.
For a steel frame, the overall weight of the chair is a bit more than other models. But we didn’t take it seriously because of its weight taking capability. If you need a massage chair that you can use roughly and still rely on it every day, this is the one you should order.
Main Key Features
- You can completely fold this lightweight massage chair and carry it with you in a sturdy nylon carry case.
- Because of the aluminum frame, it weighs only 23 pounds and takes a load up to 660 pounds, which is enough.
- The aluminum frame and PU leather upholstery with reinforced cover make the chair comfortable and more durable.
- To ensure maximum comfort, it comes with multi-layered high-density foam and adjustable features.
- You can adjust its armrest, seat, chest pad, and headrest so that your clients can relax while getting a massage.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Massage Chair For Therapists
Our goal is to ensure that you buy a comfortable therapist chair within your budget range. So, our team reviewed and went through hundreds of shared experiences to decide the best one for you. Here, we will see which factors are important before buying a massage chair, and you will see our recommendation at the end.
Comfort is the priority of these massage chairs, and it is ensured with the quality of the upholstery and foam. Soft padded foam and PU or PVC leather material are commonly used in these massage chairs which are comfortable enough.
Ensuring the comfort, you have to look for the adjustable features of the chair. Different people have different heights and body shapes. With height-adjustability and several other adjustable parts, you can give different massage therapies to different persons.
As a massage therapist, you might need to go on a call, and portability is another important feature to consider. You will notice that all of our selected and reviewed chairs are foldable, and a durable carrying case is provided in the package.
Steel and aluminum are preferable as frame materials as both are durable and capable of taking a lot of loads. However, aluminum frames are strong as well as lightweight making the chair easy to carry around.
Now, look at the specs of your preferred chair and see how much weight or load it can take. More load-taking capability is preferable so that you don’t have to think twice before giving a massage to a healthy person.
Finally, act according to your budget, and we have gathered several models so that everyone can select at least one. Also, you will see that our recommendation has one expensive model and one affordable model.
Ensuring all those parameters, no one will be able to trick you, and you will get the best chair for your money. However, another basic question was asked by our readers, which is the necessity of getting such a massage chair. Let’s see the answer to that question or skip it to the recommendation part if you already know the answer.
Why Should You Buy A Massage Chair For Therapists?
You, as a massage therapist, must have the setup to feel your clients or patients relaxed and have the massages. So, let’s see the other reasons to buy a massage chair that we have reviewed above.
- The main reason is the chair’s adjustable features that make the therapists buy it. To apply several massage techniques on different parts of the body, you need to sit accordingly. Therapists can adjust several parts of the chair, and patients can sit comfortably.
- These massage chairs are lightweight and portable, making it convenient for therapists to carry it anywhere. Also, the chairs come with a carrying bag that ensures effortless carrying.
- The leather type of these chairs is resistant to oil and water, which is also a reason to choose. Several massage techniques include the usage of oil, and that is why therapists love such portable chairs.
Those are the main reasons why you should buy the best chair for therapists and ensure the best massage experience for your clients.
Frequently Asked Question:
How long should you sit in a massage chair?
Massage chairs are so comfortable that we want to sit for long hours and relax. However, you should not do that and get massages at an interval, and you can sit from 2 minutes up to 15 minutes at a time.
Do massage chairs help back pain?
A good quality massage chair comes with several massage options that help to relax muscles and increase blood flow. As a result of regular massage, you will get relieved from back pain.
Are massage chairs good for arthritis?
Yes, regularly getting massages using a massage chair is good to have arthritis in control.
We gave portability a high priority and chose such massage chairs that you can set anywhere. After testing EARTHLITE Portable Massage Chair, experts gave positive reviews and told that it is more durable than other models on the list. We also highly recommend that model, but some asked for a budget-friendly model as our suggestion.
With almost similar performance to that one, EARTHLITE Massage Kit Travelmate can be considered as another one of the best chairs for therapists. This one is even more portable, and you can have a massage by setting it on a table. If you are a therapist and give your service going to the patients’ house, you should get this one.